The Best Weed Strains for Energy
Stoner legends promote the idea that cannabis relaxes the body and mind. While many cannabis strains give people relaxing and chill vibes, others can increase energy and creativity. Cannabis is a diverse plant that offers numerous physical and psychological benefits. Choosing the best weed strain for you can be challenging unless you know what to look for and how the compounds in the plant interact with the body.
Are you looking to boost your productivity and increase your energy levels? Cannabis may be the answer you’ve been looking for, but only if you know the best weed strains for energy. Fast Slice can help.
The Science Behind Cannabis and Increased Energy
The cannabis plant contains over 550 unique chemical compounds and over 100 aromatic terpenes. Compounds like THC and CBD have become household names beyond the tight-knit circles of the cannabis industry. However, other compounds are still relatively obscure, and scientists are trying to unlock the medicinal potential of these compounds on the human body and mind.
While research has yet to understand the full potential of cannabis, it has found significant links between certain cannabinoid compounds and an increase in energy. Cannabis is unique because you can categorize it as both a depressant and a stimulant. Research indicates that higher concentrations of certain cannabis compounds react with the endocannabinoid system in the body, promoting an increase in energy and appetite stimulation. The compounds can also shift internal mechanisms in the body toward energy storage.
THC, CBD, and Terpenes
Some of the better-understood cannabinoid compounds in cannabis plants include THC, CBD, and terpenes. Tetrahydrocannabinol, also known as THC, is the primary psychoactive compound found in cannabis. It gives you a “high” feeling when you consume cannabis. THC bonds with specific receptors in the brain to trigger a euphoric response. THC can help make a person feel more awake, alert, and focused.
CBD is another well-known cannabinoid in marijuana. It does not produce a psychoactive effect like THC. CBD may help provide relief from depression and anxiety. It is also commonly used in body lotions and muscle ache relief creams. A potent anti-inflammatory, CBD may also help boost energy levels at specific dosages.
Terpenes are naturally occurring chemical compounds that help give marijuana strains their unique aroma and flavor. Many terpenes also provide their own medicinal and psychoactive benefits. Some terpenes, like pinene and limonene, help boost energy levels, focus, and mental clarity.
Indica vs. Sativa: Which Is Better for Energy?
There are two primary strains of cannabis: indica and sativa. The indica plant originated in the Middle East, thriving in the dry, harsh environments of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the mountains of Tibet. The indica plant contains higher concentrations of CBD, making it an effective pain reliever and a good choice for individuals who want to relax and unwind at the end of the day.
The sativa plant comes from Southeast Asia, Central America, and Africa. These plants tend to contain higher levels of THC and can help boost energy levels and creativity. Sativa plants can also help individuals combat depression, headaches, and appetite loss. With increased levels of THC, sativa plants can produce a more intense “mind high” and are better suited to daytime use and those looking for an energy boost.
Best Weed Strains for Energy
Which weed strain is best for energy, indica or sativa? The answer may be both. Many people find hybrid cannabis strains to be the perfect marriage between the relaxing effects of indica and the intense high and energy-boosting effects of sativa. If you want to feel more awake and alert, enhance mental clarity, and increase creativity, consider these best weed strains for energy.
- Green Crack – Green crack is a potent sativa-dominant hybrid strain. It provides intense energizing effects and produces an invigorating mental “buzz.” It’s an excellent strain for keeping you going throughout the day. Green crack, also called Mago Crack, has a light fruity flavor with a bit of tang.
- Jack Herer – Jack Herer is another sativa-forward cannabis strain with moderate to high levels of THC. In addition to its energizing effects, Jack Herer is also an excellent strain for those looking to enhance their creativity and uplift their mood. Terpinolene and pinene terpenes give Jack Herer a spicy, piney flavor.
- Super Silver Haze – Another sativa-dominant strain that boasts a long-lasting high and energizing effect is Super Silver Haze. The strain contains myrcene and limonene terpenes, giving it an earthy flavor with citrus notes.
- Sour Diesel – Sour Diesel is an immensely popular sativa-dominant cannabis strain for good reason. It produces fast-acting, energizing effects. It is also a fantastic choice for those suffering from stress, depression, and chronic pain. True to its name, it has a strong flavor and aroma with earthy and spicy notes.
- Durban Poison – A little sweet, a little spicy, this sativa-forward cannabis strain has uplifting and energetic properties.
- Strawberry Cough – Take a bite out of summer and enhance your mood with Strawberry Cough. The sweet, fruity sativa-dominant strain tastes like strawberries while uplifting the mind.
Does Weed Boost Your Mood?
Yes. Weed can boost your mood. Beyond boosting energy levels, many sativa-dominant cannabis strains can uplift a person’s mood. The euphoric benefits of cannabis and THC can also help enhance creativity, boost mental clarity, and help you focus. These benefits can also lift a person’s mood and mental well-being.
Balancing Relaxation and Energy with Hybrid Strains
To avoid feeling “wired” or letting their creative energy run away with them, individuals may want to consider hybrid cannabis strains that balance relaxation with mental clarity and energy. A sativa-dominant strain with moderate levels of CBD can even out the energy-boosting effects of THC, creating a more balanced high without an overabundance of energy or the potential to feel paranoid.
How to Choose the Right Cannabis Strain for Energy
Choosing the right cannabis strain to increase your energy level or mood means considering your unique needs. Do you want to feel energized? You may want to feel more awake and boost your mental clarity. First, identify how you want cannabis to make you feel. From there, ask the knowledgeable team at Fast Slice for help identifying what cannabis strains may benefit your needs. Fast Slice is DC’s premiere weed delivery and curbside pickup service. A trailblazer in the cannabis industry, we want to help you find the products that will create a smooth and satisfying cannabis experience. Reach us on our online contact page.